Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with particles editing using OBI Editor
Exclamación 
Hi,

I am fairly new to OBI and own both Rope & Softbody - Note that i have spent a considerable amount of time to try and understand OBI Softbody.

I know you are working on more tutorials but having video of particle editing for Softbody would be of great help - Yes the tutorial guide is there but it not enough IMO as explaining to customers best practices and show different types of particles editing would be sweet - this is just some feedback so take it or leave it Sonrisa

The issue I am seeing is the following and I have added screenshots to help understand.

I took the deformable barrels sample and tried to edit the barrel footprint by removing 1 particle and trying to add it back - I was unsuccessful in doing so.

1) Removing top particle of barrel blueprint: (I picked an arbitrary one)

[Image: JLOkzLD.jpg]

[Image: yBMyruA.jpg]

All good - the particle was removed.

I then try and add a new one back and I am doing this as I could not add particles to my own blueprint and mesh using the editor so I use the barrel one to test against.

Here is what I see when I try and paint->add some particle (render mode is particle + mesh) - particle is not added or at least it doesn't show.

[Image: 9NDpshJ.jpg]

A closer look:

[Image: aflSKx5.jpg]

What am I doing wrong? I have read the guide and watch tutorials I could find and I cannot make this work after trying many things.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Messages In This Thread
Issues with particles editing using OBI Editor - by Pheebau - 14-10-2020, 08:39 PM