Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Solver changes gravity for rigidbodies ?
(14-10-2020, 01:07 PM)VincentAbert Wrote: Thank you for the amazingly detailed support man, I really appreciate it (on my way to the five star review straight away, obviously).

Since ropes will be ponctual additions to some levels, I think it makes more sense to just play with iteration, even if that ends up with a slightly higher cost. The main reason I had increased the substeps was because, even when the rope was pretty stretched, it was not in a straight line, and rather bouncy. To change that with constraints, I guess I'd have to increase the distance constraint's iteration ?

Thanks again for everything,

Vincent

Thanks! reviews are greatly appreciated Sonrisa

Distance constraints are in charge of keeping rope length, so if your rope is too elastic, using more distance constraint iterations will improve that.

You can also try using a slightly shorter timestep. This is a global parameter in Unity, found in the Time settings with the name of "fixed timestep":
https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-TimeManager.html

This is actually the value you get when calling Time.fixedDeltaTime, and it is the duration in seconds of a single timestep. If using substepping is too intensive, you can try reducing the timestep a little bit for an extra oomph. For instance, a timestep of 0.02 seconds and 2 substeps, is the same as a timestep of 0.01 seconds and a single substep. You can instead use a timestep of 0.015 for the equivalent of "1 and a half" substeps, if that makes sense. Still, this affects all physics in the scene (both Obi and Unity).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obi Solver changes gravity for rigidbodies ? - by josemendez - 14-10-2020, 01:58 PM