Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ropes frozen in standalone build
(04-10-2020, 08:06 AM)mr-matt Wrote: New discovery, I was using a third party tool to manage my builds: Super Unity Build. I use this to build for multiple distributions and automatically upload the builds all in one go.

When I build normally with the native build menu in Unity the ropes work fine. When I build with Super Unity Build the ropes freeze. I know Super Unity Build modifies the custom defines, are there any defines that Obi uses that could break if the defines weren't present? Anything else that happens during the build process that could cause this issue that you're aware of?

The Oni backend requires the appropriate native lib to be added to the build (depending on the build target), Unity does this automatically as far as the libs are in the correct folder: (Obi/Plugins/<targetplatformfolder>). If the libs are not present, the physics engine won't run, no errors shown as there's no physics engine to raise any error.

The Burst backend uses version defines in the Obi assembly definition file to determine whether there should be support for Burst or not. Also this is automatically managed by Unity. If the appropriate version defines aren't there, it conditionally compiles out all Burst code from the build (and again the physics engine won't run, with no errors/warnings, as it is just not present at all in the build).

As fast as Super Unity Build properly handles native plugins and assembly definition files w/version defines (both are standard, mature Unity features), there should be no problem with either backend. I'd contact the Super Unity Build support team and ask them about this.

Messages In This Thread
Ropes frozen in standalone build - by mr-matt - 30-09-2020, 10:49 AM
RE: Ropes frozen in standalone build - by mr-matt - 30-09-2020, 10:09 PM
RE: Ropes frozen in standalone build - by mr-matt - 04-10-2020, 08:06 AM
RE: Ropes frozen in standalone build - by josemendez - 05-10-2020, 08:02 AM
RE: Ropes frozen in standalone build - by mr-matt - 05-10-2020, 08:20 AM