Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Getting/Setting Particle Positions on Runtime
Greetings,

I'm looking to create a system that will allow me to tangle some ropes in runtime and then be able to recreate that tangling. My logic is to get the position of the particles, store them and then use them to re-position the particles of that rope later on.

My approach ivolves actor.GetParticlePosition(solverIndex), which, as stated in the post mentioned bellow, returns the renderable positions. I'm able to see results tho, but the ropes, altohugh they tangle the way they supposed to, they move to some other position and then return to their repsective handles, untying themselfs (I have the start and end partcile attached to an object so I can move the rope from one end, while the other remains stationary)

I found this post http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...ad-50.html which pretty much wanted to do the same thing (although I'm not involving any networking in the proccess), the problem is tho that I can't seem to get particles' position data from Oni like this

Code:
Oni.GetParticlePositions(ObiRope.Solver.OniSolver, particlePositions, ObiRope.UsedParticles, ObiRope.particleIndices[0]);

since the GetParticlePositions is not present in the Oni class. I'm using v5.3 of Obi rope.

I'm I searching on the wrong path, or am I missing something essential here due to inexperince.

Thanks in advance,
Jackson.

Messages In This Thread
Getting/Setting Particle Positions on Runtime - by Jackson - 22-09-2020, 03:34 PM