Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLVED - Rotating Obi Collider smears my rubber ball
Take for instance the BallPool sample scene. I've added a single motorized cube at the center. Each ball has a mass of 91 kg (each particle has a mass of 1 kg, and there's 91 particles in the softbody).

So I gave the cube a mass of 100, which is slightly heavier than a single softbody. I could also reduce the mass of the softbody particles to make them lighter, of course. Thing is masses must be comparable, or you will have to use an absurdly large force to get a heavy softbody to be affected by a comparatively light propeller.

Now I set up the motor to a target velocity of 50, using a force of 1000. That works quite well, and allows the propeller to jam if too many softbodies oppose its movement. Cranking up the force to 80000 makes it push any amount of softbodies effortlessly, without losing momentum:

Btw, don't add a rigidbody to each individual propeller petal if you intend the entire propeller to act as a whole: a single rigidbody at the root of all petals is enough, and will allow them to move in unison instead of independently.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rotating Obi Collider smears my rubber ball - by josemendez - 25-08-2020, 05:55 PM