Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Softbody falls through collider at times, is this a bug?
(10-08-2020, 08:44 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Arnav,

We've been unable to reproduce this.

Obi does not support quick enter play (as it uses static variables to store collider ids, which aren't fully supported with domain reloading disabled, so collisions won't work). However, this only happens in editor, so it should work fine at runtime.

Also, different gravity values should not affect collisions in any way as they're completely unrelated. However a gravity value of -69.8 m/s is extremely high though, and can cause tunneling issues (missing collisions) if the relative velocity of objects gets very high as a result of gravity acceleration. This is true for Obi as it is for most physics engines.

Would it be possible for you to send a repro project to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com?

kind regards,

For some reason the issue seems to have been fixed temporarily if I change the phase of the table obi collider right after spawning a new object everytime. This works even with domain reload disabled. Any idea how that fixes it? I'm just curious.

Also, I'll try fixing up the gravity. You're right indeed. Things do have a chance of glitching out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Softbody falls through collider at times, is this a bug? - by arrnav96 - 10-08-2020, 01:09 PM