Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fluid Render Material Modification
(11-10-2017, 04:17 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

What sample scenes are you having issues with, and what platform are you running on? Also, what shader model does your graphics card support? (a minimum of SM3.0 is needed for the fluid renderer to work properly)

Regarding the setup, make sure that:

- You increase the "radius scale" property of your ObiParticleRenderer to a value that allows your fluid renderer to render the surface (try 1.7 - 2.0). If you leave this value at 1 (the default) chances are the material cutoff radius cuts off almost the entirety of the surface.

- Disable the "render" checkbox in the ObiParticleRenderer. if you don't, particles will be drawn on top of the fluid surface (which is sometimes desirable for visualization/debugging purposes).

cheers!

Hi Jose, all liquid sample scenes weren't doing anything out of the box.. but enabling "render" checkbox in the ObiParticleRenderer, allowed me to see the particles of the liquids.
I'm using Unity 2017.1 in Windows, and right now I'm testing in Nvidia 760 graphic card; I will test later today in a 1080 card and tell you if it was fixed.

I also tried all your other suggestions.. radius scale didnt affect the fluid renderer, and disabling "render" checkbox in the ObiParticleRenderer, only makes everything invisible.

On the other hand, in my application I'm trying to fill a cup (picture attached) in some VR app. I reduced radio of particle to 0.08, but it looks like the particles behave as the particle actual size is 1 regardless of the renderer (render=graphic part only, got it).. In the second picture there is my same cup example with radius 1.72 (as suggested by you), and.. well, it looks bad Gran sonrisa I hope i don't have to re scale my entire app to match the particle behaviour. But I'm sure you solution can handle what i intend to do, Please get me out of my ignorance. Thanks, Nestor

Messages In This Thread
Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 11-10-2017, 03:16 PM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 12-10-2017, 11:56 AM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 12-10-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 12-10-2017, 07:15 PM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 13-10-2017, 03:55 PM
RE: Fluid Render Material Modification - by x-lab - 16-10-2017, 01:48 PM