Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compare to Unity Cloth
Thank you for this amazing product with an outstanding implementation. I am currently interested in putting a jacket on my character like your CharacterCloth scene. In general I would like to better understand the advantages of ObiCloth over UnityCloth, so I can harness all the power.

-For clothing can you highlight some advantages/disadvantage over UnityCloth? For example I think Obi can use mesh collider and looks better(In what way?), with same performance. The big advantage of Unity Cloth is that it potentially works on all platforms, which leads to next question.

-Can I use both Unity Cloth and Obi Cloth? The idea would be for Console/Web (Obi=Disable, UnityCloth=Enable) and for other platforms (Obi=Enable, UnityCloth=Disable). Does this sound like a good idea, but it does add a lot of work?

-For unsupported platforms will everything just work as if Obi was not included? It would be nice if Obi was somehow excluded automatically on unsupported platforms. Alternatively do I need to make different prefabs or something for different platforms that exclude Obi.

-A few general key differences of ObiCloth and UnityCloth. This may be helpful for other readers as well.

Regards,
Kevin

Messages In This Thread
Compare to Unity Cloth - by aidesigner - 05-10-2017, 04:38 PM
RE: Compare to Unity Cloth - by josemendez - 05-10-2017, 05:05 PM