Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Rope Car winch
Hello,
just bought the obi rope asset, I need it in order to make a car winch.The winch needs to have a hook (grab-able by the player) and attachable to the rope itself, after the player walks around a mesh colider (such as a tree) the rope needs to get shorter (i got the idea on how to do it from the grapple hook demo). The hook would attach to a section of the rope, doing a lasso kind of shape via a stitcher (?) or possibly create a closed rope loop where the lasso loop is, and create a second rope from the hook object to the car winch(?) also from what I see, the rope has difficult time pulling heavy objects without stretching (alot) so I would have to apply some artificial force to the car (or some motor torque on the wheels) to actually move the car in the hook direction i guess?
Anyway, since I havent worked with obi ropes, I would appreciate some pointers in the right direction, which components to use and general approach.
Thank you!

P.S. i want to get as close as possible to the jeep winch system seen in uncharted.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Rope Car winch - by lvladimirov - 16-01-2020, 02:25 AM
RE: Rope Car winch - by josemendez - 16-01-2020, 11:28 AM
RE: Rope Car winch - by lvladimirov - 16-01-2020, 05:30 PM