Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive Performance Drop
Exclamación 
Hi, I have quite a problem in perfromance here and hope someone can help!

I used Obi Rope for about two weeks now and undestand the concept (as far as I can tell).
But I get massive game-breaking frame drops in my VR application, even the rope is set to minimal substeps and segments.

I added a screenshot of the profiler and the solver. The rope is the only instance of obi simulation in the scene and every big blue bar is generated by ObiFixedUpdater.FixedUpdate().
As a VR-Dev I need to stay under 11 ms, which is already twice blown away by the obi solver that only has to deal with 16 particles and 2 substeps.
I even disabled substep unity physics even though I have two way Rigidbody coupling, because if I enable that my workstation gets almost killed.

I was very patient until now, but as the deadline approaches I cant waste another 3 days experimenting with whats wrong.
I hope someone can help, because 22 ms for 16 particles can't be right, under no circumstances, and I don't even know what to change anymore.

Also I'm wondering why the Obi Updater is calles so often, it's almost called every 1,5ms, but with 2 substeps (at least with substep unity physics enabled) I would assume that the updater is called every 50ms / substeps, since FixedUpdate() rund every 50 ms.

I'm left very confused, but removing all obi objects would be the very last solution.
I'm using ObiRope Version 5.0 and Unity 2019.2.8f1

I hope you can help me!

Greetings from Germany,
Nils Ole

Messages In This Thread
Massive Performance Drop - by Noblauch - 16-12-2019, 04:10 PM
RE: Massive Performance Drop - by josemendez - 16-12-2019, 04:33 PM
RE: Massive Performance Drop - by Noblauch - 16-12-2019, 06:07 PM
RE: Massive Performance Drop - by josemendez - 16-12-2019, 06:45 PM