Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Occasional freezes when activating an Obi Solver
Hi,

I'm encountering a recurring problem with Obi 5.0 and Unity 2019.3:

No matter if the "enter playmode without reload" option is activated or not, Unity will sometimes (up to 80% of the time) entirely freeze when activating the Obi Solver object. Since it's a freeze, unfortunately, I have no error log and I can't seem to isolate what exactly causes it to happen. 

All I know is that if I load my scene with the obi solver disabled, it loads, but if I load it with it enabled, it doesn't.

I will try to investigate a bit more, but I wanted to mention it here so you know about that issue.

Small precision: I have multiple scenes loaded, the examples since to work fine on their own

Some more update: The error seems to come from the ObiFixedUpdater class, since when I add a solver to a new object during play nothing happen, but as soon as I add an ObiFixedUpdater to the same GameObject, the editor freezes.

Update again:

Obi freezed in the ObiUpdater class, line 81, on        
Code:
 Oni.Complete(stepSimulation);

this never returns, but I guess I can't get my investigation any further Gran sonrisa

Messages In This Thread
Occasional freezes when activating an Obi Solver - by Bill Sansky - 28-11-2019, 10:38 PM