Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use one softbody with separated skinned meshes
(14-11-2019, 10:49 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

I see in the screenshot that your renderer has an animator. If you're using an animator to animate the mesh, it will override the softbody simulation entirely. Maybe you misunderstood the principle behind skinned meshes?  Indeciso

Softbody deformation works by skinning the mesh to the softbody particles. So your mesh vertices are either skinned to a particle, or skinned to a regular bone, cannot be skinned to both!

You could have part of your Rayquaza simulated, and part animated (like the ElasticCharacter sample scene, that has its arms simulated and the rest of its body animated). But you cannot have the entirety of the mesh both animated and simulated! Drop me a PM if you want to explain your use case in more detail, maybe I can help with it Sonrisa.

Answering your original question: you'd need to have a cylindrical-ish mesh that approximates the shape of  Rayquaza. Generate a softbody from it, then bind all individual skinned mesh renderers to the softbody.

I don't have any animator assigned so it should not override anything...

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to use one softbody with separated skinned meshes - by manurocker95 - 14-11-2019, 10:53 AM