Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Softbody causing objects to fall
InformaciĆ³n 
Hi all.

I've just purchased Obi Softbody and am having an odd issue getting it to work. The demo scene works as expected, but in an existing Unity project, adding a softbody to an object causes that object to fall, as if it had a rigidbody with gravity enabled. This even happens if I move the dragon into my scene.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? It seems like there must be something weird with my scene, but I can't fathom what that might be.

I'm also having another issue. The particles that are generated for softbodies seem to represent a smaller-scaled version of the object, as opposed to being properly scaled. There is basically a cluster of particles in the center of the object, in the shape of the object. Anyone know what's up?

Cheers

*Edit* It looks like this was just the gravity setting of the solver. This has caused me to have another, even weirder question. Why can I not move gameobjects with a softbody in the traditional way? It seems that it snaps back into place, and the only thing capable of moving the object is simulated activity caused by the solver gravity setting. This is all very strange.

Messages In This Thread
Softbody causing objects to fall - by kmay30 - 20-07-2019, 09:08 PM
RE: Softbody causing objects to fall - by kmay30 - 22-07-2019, 04:57 AM
RE: Softbody causing objects to fall - by kmay30 - 22-07-2019, 06:34 PM