Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Chemical reactions
(04-06-2019, 08:56 AM)Charlie Rubio Wrote:  Hi! I was wondering if there could be a feature for Obi Fluid that could mix 2 or more particle properties into a single particle. This could simulate a lot of chemical reaction based on molecular changes. I've been playing with ObiFluid for a couple of weeks and Im fastinated with its potential since all seems to work in an organic way. This is the hardest aproach to Unity from physics concepts that I've seen this far!

Hi there,

I suppose you're talking about volume fraction based approaches, where each particle carries a "percentage" of multiple fluids. We use a very simplified approach where each particle has 4 channels of  "data" that is diffused with neighboring particles, you can use these channels to drive density, viscosity, color changes, etc, even in non-linear ways. Check the "Raclette" sample scene, where we drive variable viscosity based on the diffusion of one channel that changes on contact with different surfaces.

We've looked at more accurate models before (volume fraction, helmholtz free energy) but it is unlikely we will implement them in the future as they're more performance demanding, and Obi is designed for realtime applications.

Messages In This Thread
Chemical reactions - by bogdanTNT - 02-06-2019, 05:12 PM
RE: Chemical reactions - by josemendez - 02-06-2019, 07:40 PM
RE: Chemical reactions - by Charlie Rubio - 04-06-2019, 08:56 AM
RE: Chemical reactions - by josemendez - 04-06-2019, 09:21 AM
RE: Chemical reactions - by bogdanTNT - 03-06-2019, 06:39 AM