Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
attach softbodies
(17-07-2019, 10:41 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

There's no built-in way to attach softbodies to softbodies, you need to programmatically add distance constraints between particles belong to different softbodies. We're curently working to add this feature, as a simple to use component that does it automatically for you. Pin constraints are designed to interface with Unity's own physics engine, so they only support rigidbodies.

kind regards,

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response. Can you tell me how much time before the component is available?
Can you guide me or point me to direction to how to do it programmatically? The requirement is first add the distance constraint before the scene begins and later using interaction(in VR) remove the constraint so as we are pulling them apart.

Also, I am also thinking of using animation to achieve this. Make an fbx file with the mesh attached at first and have animation of the mesh being pulled apart so we can play the animation procedurally to detach the mesh apart on interaction. Do you think I can have animated mesh to behave as soft bodies?

Thank you

Messages In This Thread
attach softbodies - by wenzy - 27-05-2019, 08:53 AM
RE: attach softbodies - by josemendez - 29-05-2019, 03:22 PM
RE: attach softbodies - by ctalDai - 17-07-2019, 10:12 AM
RE: attach softbodies - by josemendez - 17-07-2019, 10:41 AM
RE: attach softbodies - by ctalDai - 18-07-2019, 04:39 AM