Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  (Linux Editor) - undefined symbols in libOni.so?
After some more troubleshooting, all I could come up with was the theory that there's some problem with the compiled libOni.so. But if that's true, I wouldn't expect Linux builds to work at all. So, I tried the following:

1) On a Windows machine, make a new project (in Unity 2018.3.0f2
2) Import the Obi Rope asset from the asset store
3) Build just the Electrical Wires scene with a target platform of Linux and an Architecture of x86_64 (with the Development Build box checked)
4) Transferred the result to my Linux machine
    - You can download it yourself here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1a0xtj7ve6b4d...d.zip?dl=0
5) Unzipped the build and changed permissions on obi_test.x86_64 so that it's executable
6) Ran obi_test.x86

And, I get the exact same errors! Lots of DllNotFound exceptions. And opening the log file reveals that it is also logging the undefined symbol warning for the FrictionConstraintGroup thing.

I looked over the FAQ to double check that Linux is supported as a platform, and didn't see anything special instructions for Linux Builds. But, this simple example doesn't seem to be working - are Linux builds broken in the current version, or am I doing something wrong?

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Linux Editor) - undefined symbols in libOni.so? - by m000z0rz - 14-05-2019, 05:34 AM