Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObiSofbody problems in runtime with separate solver and initialized state
(08-05-2019, 07:32 AM)josemendez Wrote: I'm not able to reproduce this. Make sure that you're calling the skinner's BindSkin() coroutine, or else it won't work.

I can't reproduce any of the above either. Initializing a softbody works fine for me regardless of it being a prefab or not. Also, GeneratePhysicRepresentationForMesh() works the same for all actors, there's no reason why it should work for some but not for others. Can you provide a repro scene/project, or at least share your initialization code?

Nope. ObiSoftbodySkinner's Awake() method only takes care of finding a default value for the "Source" property, which is the first ObiSoftbody it finds up its hierarchy. This only done for convenience when manually adding a component in editor. You're supposed to provide a soft body yourself when using it programmatically:

Code:
skinner.Source = softbody;
StartCoroutine(skinner.BindSkin());

Thanks. I am calling BindSkin() coroutine but it does not help me. Probably I am doing something wrong. I will send you a test project later this week.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ObiSofbody problems in runtime with separate solver and initialized state - by mmortall - 08-05-2019, 10:46 AM