Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use with OVR camera
(10-09-2017, 07:52 PM)josemendez Wrote: This is very useful information. Thank you for the detailed explanation and the link, josemendez. I will attempt to ingest that article so I can gain a better understanding of vector spaces.

Regarding your question about local-space simulation:

When dealing with graphics and/or physics, there are usually 2 different vector spaces your data can be expressed in: world space and local (aka "model" or "object") space. The difference lies in the reference frame used. In world space, the reference frame is the center of your scene. In local space, the reference frame is the object's transform (in Obi's case, the solver itself). 

So simulating fluid in the solver's local space means that if you scale, translate or rotate the solver around, the fluid will be scaled, translated or rotated along with it because the simulation uses the solver transform as its reference frame. If you don't know what to use this for, chances are you should just stick with world space (the default).

Vector spaces are a pretty critical concept to understand. If you're starting out I can provide you some reading material, such as:
http://www.codinglabs.net/article_world_...atrix.aspx

Messages In This Thread
How to use with OVR camera - by DrSoos - 08-09-2017, 06:10 PM
RE: How to use with OVR camera - by niZmo - 09-09-2017, 02:46 AM
RE: How to use with OVR camera - by DrSoos - 09-09-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: How to use with OVR camera - by josemendez - 10-09-2017, 07:17 PM
RE: How to use with OVR camera - by josemendez - 10-09-2017, 07:52 PM
RE: How to use with OVR camera - by DrSoos - 11-09-2017, 09:20 PM