Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Obi Solvers are adding HUGE forces to rigidbodies in scenes without any ropes!
Hi hatchling,

Can you share a scene/project that reproduces this (send to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com)?

I've been testing, but so far I've been unable to get this behavior. What I've done is programmatically add a rope between a static collider and a rigidbody with all rotational axis constrained (using a modified version of the RuntimeRopeGenerator script) at runtime. Then, get out of play mode, and play again. Things behave just like the first time, no ghost forces applied to rigidbodies.

The behavior you describe (or the way I understood it) doesn't make much sense to me, since ObiRigidbody does not store/serialize velocities between play sessions. There's no way that I can think of for data from the previous play session to affect the next one.

Quote:Also worth nothing that no ObiSolvers are present in the scene until a rope is added.

With no solvers/updaters in the scene ObiRigidbody.UpdateVelocities shouldn't even be called, so in theory there's no way the rigidbody velocities can be modified by Obi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obi Solvers are adding HUGE forces to rigidbodies in scenes without any ropes! - by josemendez - 12-05-2021, 07:50 AM