Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android (Oculus Quest) Virtual Reality and OBI Fluid
(24-03-2021, 09:14 AM)MonologicGames Wrote: Thats it! Thank you. But as is in desctription - [b]Please note that fluid simulation is a very demanding task. Be aware of its performance implications before using it.[/b]

We got 30fps on Oculus Quest on demo scene Sonrisa Thank you for your time

Proper fluid simulation is *really expensive*, this is something I can't stress enough and that I preach anytime I can. Should be used with care, and you should have at least some basic intuition of what's doing under the hood to be able to use it effectively.  This being said, there's lots of parameters that affect performance:

- Timestep settings.
- Fluid resolution.
- Amount of density constraint iterations.
- Amount of substeps.
- Fluid smoothing radius.
- Rendering downsampling.

Tweaking these can make a world of difference. Most of the sample scenes are meant to be run in a desktop computer. Quest is considerably less powerful hardware, comparatively closer to a mobile device. Depending on what your needs are and what you're doing in your scene, there might be a lot of room for improvement. If you give me more information about your goals, I believe I can help Sonrisa.

let me know how it goes! cheers,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Android (Oculus Quest) Virtual Reality and OBI Fluid - by josemendez - 24-03-2021, 09:29 AM