Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Unity crashes when I create a new Control Point
(22-10-2020, 05:58 PM)RichardM73 Wrote: Hi, yes I gathered it would not be a common issue as I had a search for something similar before I posted. I'm using Unity 2019.4.0f1. Not sure how to see the Obi Rope version as it doesn't mention a version number in the 'about' window. I've tried to attach a zip file with the crash report and errors but it won't let me add it, also the same thing if I try and send you the unzipped files. How can I get these files to you?

I get an error when I change the name of a control point too, but not a crash.

Socket: connect failed, error: A non-blocking socket operation could not be completed immediately.
(10035)
UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:SaveAssets()
Obi.ObiActorBlueprint:SetParticleGroupName(Int32, String) (at Assets/ThirdParty/Obi/Scripts/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprint.cs:395)
Obi.ObiRopeBlueprintBase:ControlPointRenamed(Int32) (at Assets/ThirdParty/Obi/Scripts/RopeAndRod/Blueprints/ObiRopeBlueprintBase.cs:57)
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`1:Invoke(Int32)
Obi.ObiPath:SetName(Int32, String) (at Assets/ThirdParty/Obi/Scripts/RopeAndRod/DataStructures/Path/ObiPath.cs:262)
Obi.ObiPathEditorGran sonrisarawControlPointInspector() (at Assets/ThirdParty/Obi/Editor/RopeAndRod/ObiPathEditor.cs:825)
Obi.ObiPathEditorGran sonrisarawUIWindow(Int32) (at Assets/ThirdParty/Obi/Editor/RopeAndRod/ObiPathEditor.cs:509)
UnityEngine.GUIUtilityLenguarocessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Hi,

Just send the files to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com Sonrisa.

You can see the Obi version in the /Obi/CHANGELOG_rope.txt file. The version at the top of the file is your current version.

UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:SaveAssets() is an internal unity method, that is supposed to save any recently modified assets. No reason for it to throw an error.
This does seem like a bug in Unity, as I could find a few threads with similar issues on asset-related calls: https://forum.unity.com/threads/build-er...ls.651040/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unity crashes when I create a new Control Point - by josemendez - 22-10-2020, 06:32 PM