Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Character Cloth with Final IK (with GIFs)
I'm glad to have followed this thread, as the approaches above have helped.  However, I still haven't found the magic sauce that ensures the clothing stays where it is supposed to stay, when the model is moved around.

[Image: pwEV7be.jpg]

I am using the approach laid out by Partel Lang and josemendez above; namely hooking the body-posing and body-positioning corrections within the Obi Animator Controller rather than relying on the normal Unity ordering.  The script ordering is also stacked as shown with all the Obi getting the final say.

The script which moves the whole body root is looking at the objects which drive foot IK positions, and deciding where the whole body should be.  I have called this before and after the actual IK pose-adjusting steps, I have tried using FixedUpdate, AfterFixedUpdate, LateUpdate in the solver.  I tried World Space, and Local Space, for the Solver.  I think since all of the positioning is done within the Obi Animator Controller this doesn't make much difference at the overall level.

If you look at the Obi Cloth object, the shirt, the majority of the shirt is fixed and the bottom rows are unfixed to deform. This part works relatively smoothly.  The issue is that the entire shirt moves relative to the chest and shoulders as the hips bone moves relative to the main object. If I drag the foot down below the floor, the hips and spine follow downward and give an even more exaggerated effect than this screenshot.  Even if I never move the main object (parent of armature), moving the hips (first child of armature) creates this disconnect.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Character Cloth with Final IK (with GIFs) - by hariedo - 21-04-2019, 11:45 PM