Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  ObiParticleRenderer
(29-03-2019, 01:38 PM)mimarilker Wrote: Hi,

Is it possible to duplicate particles in visual without increasing the actual numbers of particles? Then I can use ObiParticleRenderer instead of Unity Native Particle System which cannot visualize viscosity, vorticity, pressure etc.

If this is not possible is there a way to utilize Unity Native Particle System to render not speed only but also the other parameters as I mentioned (viscosity, density, vorticity etc.).

Last, your support and the asset are amazing and you the people reading this post, don't think even for one second before buying this excellent asset!

Hi there!

Not currently possible. The renderer gets all particle data directly from the actor it is rendering. You would have to heavily modify its code to allow for extra custom particles to be rendered, which is possible but a lot of work.

The alternative of using Unity particles to render fluid properties is pretty expensive. Currently only velocities are interpolated from the surrounding fluid particles, the ability of rendering any other property would require interpolating them too. I will look into the best way to achieve this without sacrificing performance, but currently I'd say it cannot be done.

Note that ObiParticleRenderer does not render "real" spheres, it renders each particle as a quad with a special shader that makes it look like an actual sphere (technique known as ellipsoid splatting). This is quite cheap and comparable to rendering regular particles. The cost of fluid particles mainly comes from simulation, which is why using diffuse particle advection is interesting as advecting particles does not involve any particle-particle interaction and can very efficiently be done in parallel.

Messages In This Thread
ObiParticleRenderer - by mimarilker - 29-03-2019, 01:38 PM
RE: ObiParticleRenderer - by josemendez - 01-04-2019, 07:15 AM
RE: ObiParticleRenderer - by mimarilker - 09-04-2019, 09:55 AM
RE: ObiParticleRenderer - by josemendez - 09-04-2019, 10:09 AM
RE: ObiParticleRenderer - by josemendez - 10-04-2019, 12:47 PM
RE: ObiParticleRenderer - by mimarilker - 10-04-2019, 02:15 PM
RE: ObiParticleRenderer - by josemendez - 10-04-2019, 04:24 PM
RE: ObiParticleRenderer - by mimarilker - 16-04-2019, 09:42 AM
RE: ObiParticleRenderer - by mimarilker - 16-04-2019, 12:52 PM
RE: ObiParticleRenderer - by josemendez - 16-04-2019, 07:26 PM
RE: ObiParticleRenderer - by mimarilker - 17-04-2019, 07:44 AM