Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Android Performance Issue (Due to lots of particles)
(28-11-2018, 01:44 AM)gadgetkk Wrote: I have a similar question.

in my game i want to fill up a tank with liquid, but the particles are so small it requires a ton of particles to get any real volume. I played with the particle renderer radius scale and the emitter material fluid resolution. This allowed me to make the particles really big but then they stuck outside the walls.

So i am also curious to see if there is a sweet spot to increase the volume without increasing the number of particles (or am i doing it exactly how it is intended to be)?

To increase the volume, you need to increase the amount of particles because each particle represents a fixed volume.

Start by setting the renderer radius scale to 1 (so that particles are drawn at their true size), and decreasing material resolution. Once you've got the desired performance for your volume, then being increasing the radius scale until any gaps between particles are filled. Then turn on the Fluid Renderer, and increase thickness cutoff until only the bulk volume of your fluid is rendered.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Android Performance Issue (Due to lots of particles) - by josemendez - 28-11-2018, 08:13 AM