Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Obi cloth does not properly work for models stitched to an existing skeleton.
(14-05-2018, 01:17 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

The avatar transform is not the root bone, in fact it is not even a bone.

The root bone of a skeleton is usually the pelvis bone (I believe yours is named "pelvisZ"), which is always a child of the character transform and which might (usually does) have a different local orientation and of course, position. This is most likely the source of your issue: your pelvis bone is rotated 90ยบ relative to your character transform, and way up higher that the character transform (which is usually at the floor, between both feet).

The solution is easy: simply use the character SkinnedMeshRenderer's root bone as the cloth SkinnedMeshRenderer's root bone.

Most particle editor operations work together with Unity's built-in undo system (regular crtl-z), can you specify what operation is not undone by using ctrl-z?

Ok with the Pelvis everything works perfectly. There is still some weird issue, but I believe it is due to the fact that I am using Final IK (in some cases the wrong animation is being played on the cloth), I will dig deeper into it and try to solve it myself first.

The CTRL+Z does not work when setting values for points. So say I have selected a bunch of points, chose "Skin radius" and then set it to 1. If I press CTRL+Z the selection is gone (the cloth GameObject is no longer selected), when I re-select it I can see that nothing has been reverted. Same of basically everything els: Ctrl+Z simply cancels the selection of the cloth GameObject.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obi cloth does not properly work for models stitched to an existing skeleton. - by cubrman - 14-05-2018, 03:09 PM