Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Can I attach particeattachment in script?
(13-09-2024, 02:37 AM)gahyun11 Wrote: guess is that is the reason why there 's a diffrence betweem two environments - controlling StretchScale of distance constraints and compliace of obiSkinnedcloth that has no particle attachment in runtime, controlling StretchScale of distance constraints and compliace of obiSkinnedcloth that has no particle attachment in runtime. I tried this two cases with adding particle attachment component before runtime. 

Hi,

I'm extremely confused now. In your screenshot, the attachment is applied to a particle group named "all". So there clearly are particle groups defined in your cloth blueprint? however you mentioned multiple times that none of your blueprints had particle groups defined?

(06-09-2024, 09:30 AM)gahyun11 Wrote:
All cloth assets blueprints that we have have no particle groups, same as body asset blueprints.

(06-09-2024, 10:56 AM)gahyun11 Wrote:
Like I mentioned, none of them and body blueprint do have particles in thier blueprint but they dont hav any particle groups

(13-09-2024, 02:37 AM)gahyun11 Wrote:
I just tried a little experiment that enabling cloth during runtime, seting their distance constraints with 0.15f. then cloth started to fall , then I added obi particle attachment component to cloth, then cloth stopped falling

This behavior you describe doesn't make any sense to me. When you create an attachment manually in the editor, the default value for the particle group field is "None", and the target object is set to none too. So adding an attachment via the editor interface at runtime should do absolutely nothing unless you set these fields afterwards. You have to set both a target and a particle group for the attachment to work, regardless of it being created in the editor or programmatically. If this is not the behavior you're getting, could you please share a project that reproduces this issue so that I can take a closer look?

kind regards

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can I attach particeattachment in script? - by josemendez - 13-09-2024, 07:59 AM