Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Can I attach particeattachment in script?
(12-09-2024, 09:58 AM)josemendez Wrote: Attachments simply won't work without a particle group: you can't attach point A to point B if you don't have point B.

There's no difference at all, but I don't understand how the attachment can possibly work when added trough the inspector if there's no particle groups defined for the cloth. Can you share a screenshot of the attachment component in the inspector? Does it show  a group name in the "particle group" dropdown?

kind regards,
Hello! We are currently controlling StretchScale of distance constraints and Stretch Compliance in runtime. My guess is that is the reason why there 's a diffrence betweem two environments - controlling StretchScale of distance constraints and compliace of obiSkinnedcloth that has no particle attachment in runtime, controlling StretchScale of distance constraints and compliace of obiSkinnedcloth that has no particle attachment in runtime. I tried this two cases with adding particle attachment component before runtime. 

both of cases, StretchScale and stretchCompliance are changed in 1 to 2 seconds after cloth gameobject is enabled. 

this is the screenshot of obi Skinned cloth simulation with adding particle attachment in script during runtime. as you can see, part of waistline of skirt is tugged on pelvis. 

this is the screenshot of obi Skinned cloth simulation with adding particle attachment "before runtime".

I just tried a little experiment that enabling cloth during runtime, seting their distance constraints with 0.15f. then cloth started to fall , then I added obi particle attachment component to cloth, then cloth stopped falling

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can I attach particeattachment in script? - by gahyun11 - 13-09-2024, 02:37 AM