Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Issues with Obi Cloth Simulation in Unity – "Shirt Exploding"
(12-07-2024, 01:32 PM)gunmec Wrote: Instead of MeshCollider, I now use the distancefields that I assigned to the ObiCollider. But is it normal that I can't delete the MeshCollider? I get the message that it cannot be deleted because the ObiCollider depends on it.

Yes, the MeshCollider is still used since other objects in the scene will need it for collision detection. Distance fields only affect Obi particles, but as far as regular objects in Unity goes they don't exist so they need a regular collider to collide with. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ields.html

Quote:Distance fields will only generate collisions against Obi particles. They will not collide with other objects, for this you need to use Unity's own colliders.

(12-07-2024, 01:32 PM)gunmec Wrote: I have now taken a different shirt with fewer poly counts, but the simulation is still very slow. I tried turning down the substeps, but it doesn't do much.

Use the profiler. It will tell you exactly what's taking up the most time so you can focus on that instead of randomly changing settings. Let me know if you need help interpreting the profiling results.

(12-07-2024, 01:32 PM)gunmec Wrote: With distancefields I played around with the “MaxError” and “MaxDepth” settings, but unfortunately it is no longer so precise. Do you have any other tips?

These settings affect the SDF's memory consumption, but have a very modest impact on performance. Use the values that yield the best approximation of your mesh that you can afford.

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issues with Obi Cloth Simulation in Unity – "Shirt Exploding" - by josemendez - 17-07-2024, 07:50 AM