Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi Cloth- Character
Exclamación 
Hey,

I had a question about obi cloth. Is it possible to use it on a character and mask out parts of the character like the head/stomach and have the physics applied to that only?

I briefly saw an example of character meshes with cloth applied to them in the demo vid, but did not see anything like that in the tutorials. I saw the ogre vid for obi softbody but I didn't quite see the effect I was looking for.

I considered obi softbody, but I read it can't do certain physics things like self-collision/double-sided that obi-cloth can do which is why I chose the obi cloth instead. 
Correct me if I'm wrong- but it looks like obi softbody is more of a wiggle/jiggle with a "return to original shape". Some kind of radial vertex offset from what I can see.

What I'm trying to achieve is more of a "ripple" like a baseball hitting a round jelly surface and the force ripples throughout the form. The force ripples from the origin and terminates at the outer edges. The shape would always return to the original, but there would be that ripple factor. And you could control the "firmness" or "impact" of the physics on the object.

It seemed like obi-cloth achieved that more closely, since cloth tends to have that ripple effect (from all the physics simulations I've seen involving cloth). Softbody in general seems to be more "firm/bouncy" and almost like a "spring" rather than some kind of "jelly". I could be wrong though, it's just what I've seen/tested so far.

To re-iterate what I'm looking for: 
> Has outward ripple effect on impact (from collision of some kind)
> Can control "firmness", "amplitude/offset", "motion multiplier" etc
> Always returns to original form

Any ideas on how to achieve this masked physics effect, and if obi-cloth supports the ripple on characters? 
Or if I should use obi softbody instead- if that more closely resembles what I'm trying to achieve?

Thanks,

Messages In This Thread
Obi Cloth- Character - by aallenfx - 03-07-2024, 05:40 PM
RE: Obi Cloth- Character - by aallenfx - 06-07-2024, 01:25 AM
RE: Obi Cloth- Character - by josemendez - 08-07-2024, 12:42 PM
RE: Obi Cloth- Character - by josemendez - 08-07-2024, 12:52 PM