Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Rope connected 3d object and its weight
(10-06-2024, 08:39 AM)kripa1415 Wrote: Ok so what should be the recommended value for rope thickness. I tried .1, it looks very thin. Could you tell me the recommended values for blueprint thickness and rope extrude renderer thickness ?

There's no recommended values, you just need to pick a scale according to how you want the game to feel and apply it consistently to all objects in your game.

All units in Unity use the international system: distances/sizes are expressed in meters, time in seconds, mass in kilograms, etc. So if your ropes are 0.45 meters thick and they look ok, that means they must be several meters long (otherwise they'd look "chubby", i.e a rope that's half a meter thick and only one meter long) so your game board must also be huge. Unless you want the game to feel like you're moving huge chains around, things should be just smaller in general.

The same principle applies to any objects in Unity, by the way: if you make a car that weights 10 kg and it's 100 meters long, it will feel like it moves really slowly and it's very "floaty".

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rope connected 3d object and its weight - by josemendez - 10-06-2024, 10:42 AM