Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change size of spheres using Softbody
(15-05-2024, 06:52 PM)charlieatron1 Wrote: I did see one other post on the forum saying that scaling the actors is not possible, but I'm wondering if there's any potential workarounds? I figured that spheres are a lot simpler than a detailed mesh, so it could be possible to achieve the same effect somehow through a force, constraint value, modifying blueprint, etc., but I'm not familiar enough with the plugin yet to know what to try.

Does anyone know how to achieve something like this, or have any ideas for things to try out? Or is this not possible? Thanks!

Softbodies - and deformable objects in general, see my previous post - cannot be scaled in realtime.

However due to the specific circumstances of your use case (uniform scaling of a radially symmetric object), you might obtain good results using cloth simulation instead, and rely on scaling the distance constraints between vertices or using volume constraints.

Will prepare a small example of this for you, so you can decide whether to switch to ObiCloth (we would reimburse the prince difference with ObiSoftbody) or not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Change size of spheres using Softbody - by josemendez - 16-05-2024, 09:03 AM