Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Question about garment onto a 3d avatar using Obi
(29-04-2024, 09:57 AM)onfitpark Wrote: When I hit the play, however, rather the t-shirt(SkinnedCloth applied) maintains the original fbx form itself and drops towards the Y-axis like an object on a desk falls to the floor. It seems like no gravity affecting the clothes.

Not sure I understand your question. You both mention the object drops towards the Y axis, but that there's no gravity affecting it? If it's falling in the Y axis, it must surely be due to gravity?

In any case, adding a distance field to a collider doesn't affect gravity in any way, the cloth should fall due to gravity as usual.

(29-04-2024, 09:57 AM)onfitpark Wrote: One said that what if I add a Distance Field to the body mesh and add MeshCollider to the clothes so that they could interact each other. But it turned out unnatural.

It doesn't make any sense to add a MeshCollider to a deformable object such as the cloth. MeshColliders are exclusively to be used with rigid objects, either dynamic (rigidbodies) or kinematic. All you need to do is generate a distance field and add it to the "distance field" property of a collider.

I've looked trough the manual and at no point does it instruct the user to add a MeshCollider to a cloth. Could you point us to where you've found this information?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question about garment onto a 3d avatar using Obi - by josemendez - 29-04-2024, 10:08 AM