Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Question about garment onto a 3d avatar using Obi
(23-04-2024, 08:38 AM)onfitpark Wrote: Uh, actually I'm not using this performance in realtime in a game, just show it paused moment or stayed still like a person staying on the stage wearing a new clothesSonrisa Maybe a small movement like shaking hands, or change the arm position etc. later.

Is it still the same idea you mentioned above?

If your character is going to be 100% static like a statue, you can use distance fields instead of MeshColliders. They're *a lot* cheaper and considerably more robust.

However as soon as your character is going to move any part of its body that's in contact with the cloth, then you need to use a different approach since neither MeshColliders or distance fields can deform.

(23-04-2024, 08:38 AM)onfitpark Wrote: I realized colliderwise issue is the main thing that I need to overcome with. But in my case, it is not possible parenting capsule or sphere collider to the body's joints Triste

Capsules and spheres are used in games for simplicity and because they're often good enough.

Note that you can also parent MeshColliders or even distance fields . Either can yield a reasonably good piece-wise approximation of an animated human body. As long as individual colliders don't need to deform, this is fine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question about garment onto a 3d avatar using Obi - by josemendez - 23-04-2024, 08:43 AM