Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  (7.0) Compute backend seems to freeze the whole Unity editor occassionally
(12-04-2024, 12:11 PM)kodra Wrote: Unfortunately, it happens with both DX11 and Vulkan.

I've attached the Editor.log after the hanging happens (with DX11).

As crazy as it sounds, it seems to happen with both DX11 and Vulkan, but not with DX12. It might just be luck, but I've entered/exited play mode 50 times with DX12 and the editor didn't hang. With DX11 it always happens in less thanĀ 10 times.

Well... never mind. Unfortunately it happens with DX12 as well. Just much less often. It's a bit mysterious tho... cause it works differently with DX11 and DX12. With DX11 it freezes immediately upon entering play mode. With DX12 it seems to only happen after the game is running for a while. Perhaps there are two different bugs? I'm not sure. The only thing I'm sure about is that it hangs very often and constantly with DX11 and Vulkan on my machine.

It also doesn't hang the built game even with DX11 (so far?). Only Unity editor.

Hi,

I could finally reproduce this. I'm working on a fix, will get back to you once I'm reasonably sure it has been fixed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (7.0) Compute backend seems to freeze the whole Unity editor occassionally - by josemendez - 18-04-2024, 08:47 AM