Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloth push-back and pass-through
(17-07-2023, 11:35 AM)josemendez Wrote: Substitute lambda in the position delta (displacement) calculations, you get this:

Not really, the best you can get out of a particle-based engine is surface collisions which attempt to fake collisions against a continuous surface. However this doesn't guarantee zero penetration at all.

What's puzzling here is the behavior you're getting with respect to the relative mass of the tool and the cloth, as it doesn't behave like it should.

Yes I understand what you are saying about the cloth/tool displacement from their interaction with each other.

The displacement I was referring to, is the displacement of the tool from the VR hand. The VR hand connects to the tool by a config joint, which is a spring force, ie F = kd, so a larger displacement of the tool from the hand ("pushback") can be seen if the impulse on the tool from the cloth is bigger.

That said, it's still a mystery why it is easier for the lighter sphere to pass through vs a heavy one.
The particles don't look like they are being separated when this occurs. Huh

Quote:I'll take a look at the project you sent asap, it will take a couple days though as I'm moving and don't have access to my development computer.

No hurry, I can work on other things! Thanks for your consideration Sonrisa

Messages In This Thread
Cloth push-back and pass-through - by danazoid - 14-07-2023, 06:21 AM
RE: Cloth push-back and pass-through - by danazoid - 17-07-2023, 03:13 PM