Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Rod model and other Fly Fishing questions
Yeah I guess it's different for fly fishing, when I was learning it was with a feather instead of a fly and it was possible to cast! But you are right, the weight is somewhere and by reading a couple of article on the subject it's the fly line that is the most weighted thing and there is more weight close to the leader. I'll try that.

So I did try the bone things and I'm having good result on the rod physic with a nice model. The only thing is I can't find a good way to attach the rope at the top. When stitching the stitch moves back to the handle when starting, and attachments doesn't move the rope.

Here is what my bone gizmos looks like when I start:

What am I doing wrong?

Also another question: I'm changing the length of the rope at runtime, how can I preset a profil for the generated section. For example, I want the first meter to be X radius and Y mass, then the next 3 meters Z radius and K mass etc... Right now I'm generating with the blueprint and the Rope Cursor component ... Should I move the source cursor to different position on the blueprint?

One last thing, could be a bug, if your rope is inside a prefab, the stitch from the stitch component is not saved.

TY

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rod model and other Fly Fishing questions - by Balou - 03-04-2023, 09:16 PM