Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Rod model and other Fly Fishing questions
(03-04-2023, 07:27 AM)josemendez Wrote: Same as the previous one, not enough mass at the tip of the line. When casting, the mass of the fly/bait is very high compared to the line's so you're basically throwing the bait like a projectile using the rod as a spring, and the line - that has very little mass - just follows it. Since there's no bait here, the line is free to move any way it wants and the chances for it to go in a straight trajectory are very slim. If you try taking a regular rope from one end and then try to cast its other end in a straight line in the real world, you'll realize it is pretty much impossible: you're essentially throwing a large spaghetti around Guiño.

That's the thing, a fly is almost weightless, sure the leader is even lighter but if you look at the video you can the the fly is not driving the fly line but is driven by it. This is what I can't achieve, it works sometimes, but most of the time it's the fly leading the way and it feels weird.
Just FYI the order is Rod > Fly Line (usually a colored line) > leader (regular fishing line) > Fly.

Quote:Not sure I understand this one: do you mean the impulses exchanged between the configurable joint and the rope?

Yeah kind of, i think it's what you call a double way coupling in the doc, the line has an influence on the rod and vice versa.

Quote:Yes, you can use bone hierarchies:

Nice! But the doc says that "The ObiSolver component should almost always be placed at the character's root. This ensures simulation happens in character space, and gives you fine control over inertial forces." but for snitching 2 actors together they need to have the same solver no? If the rope is parent of the rod is this going to be an issue?

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rod model and other Fly Fishing questions - by Balou - 03-04-2023, 02:34 PM