Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How do I make a collider affect particles only?
(17-03-2022, 06:39 PM)josemendez Wrote: Can’t you just have two gameobjects, each with their respective collider component and the rigidbody as their parent? This is functionally identical to having two colliders and a rigidbody on the same object. Colliders always work with the first rigidbody they find up their hierarchy.

Obi’s components are just wrappers over Unity’s own components, and work the exact same way: if you add a ObiCollider component to a collider, a ObiRigidbody will automatically be added to the first rigidbody up its hierarchy.

Tbh i’ve never seen a use case limited by the fact that layers are per-object and not per-component, that’s why I ask.

Okay I managed to solve it for now, I guess you can have the obi collider on a child object of the rigidbody. I assumed this would'nt work because last time I tried that it automatically added an obi rigidbody and Unity rigidbody along with it. Maybe I misclicked and created an obi rigidbody instead of an obi collider.

Thanks for your help once again! Sonrisa

(17-03-2022, 06:46 PM)josemendez Wrote: The max error is expressed in mesh space, so if your mesh is very small, the error should be accordingly small too. For instance if your mesh is 10 cm in size and the maximum error is 1cm, that means that you’re ok with 10% distance error which is huge.

That preview looks fine to me. Could you define “broken” in this context? Distance fields are generally fairly robust.

Broken as in no collision with particles at all, as if there was no collider.

Do distance fields work for moving objects / rigidbodies? I didn't see anything about that in the manual, and the samples only ever use them for static environment models.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I make a collider affect particles only? - by locque - 17-03-2022, 06:50 PM