Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How do I make a collider affect particles only?
(17-03-2022, 04:13 PM)locque Wrote: I would like to try the distance field approach, but I can't get anything generated from my own meshes. I read the manual page for distance fields and made sure there are no holes in my mesh, but the generator still doesn't output anything for it. Also tried to set the import settings according to the sample bowl model with enabled read/write and legacy unweighted normals, but still nothing.

https://imgur.com/a/BBNohI1

Okay so the generation technically does work, but for an object the size of a bowl you have to turn down the max error to the absolute minimum to even be able to see a slight smear of something in the preview window. Also turning up max depth produces something that physically resembles the bowl, but is too broken to collide with any fluid at all. Changing the size is not really an option either since I have to work with real world units.

I suppose distance field is not the way to go, but I can't find a solution for the mesh collider either. Approximating this rounded shape with box colliders is off the table too, particles always find their way through the cracks or get stuck on slightly overlapping corners or edges.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I make a collider affect particles only? - by locque - 17-03-2022, 06:26 PM