Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Considering buying (again)
Thank you very much for the answers. 

Just want to clarify some things because I have not worded them very clearly. I meant that I need multiple soft bodies per single skinned mesh (so that I can disable some of them when I need to), and those bodies having resolution different from one another (but that of course is possible if I have the full control over the particles at least via code). So is that possible?

The morphs are actually gonna be mostly applied on character generation stage. So, let's say I changed the shape of the mesh at runtime. I assume it shouldn't be a problem to conform obi particles to that mesh after the fact, by setting their new default positions. I can do all the calculations for that manually.

If those things I can do, then I'm pretty sure this is way better than making my own collider and joint based simulation, so I'm pretty hapy with this.

In a dream world I would be able to control simulation resolution based on the interacting bodies. For example if a small object like a hand in a VR game is colliding with the soft body, it will activate and interact with the highest resolution skin layer, and will switch to course large scale particles otherwise but I doubt that such swapping and reskinning would be cheap.

Messages In This Thread
Considering buying (again) - by illinar - 30-12-2021, 01:42 AM
RE: Considering buying (again) - by josemendez - 30-12-2021, 01:10 PM
RE: Considering buying (again) - by illinar - 02-01-2022, 09:34 AM
RE: Considering buying (again) - by illinar - 30-12-2021, 08:42 PM
RE: Considering buying (again) - by josemendez - 02-01-2022, 02:41 PM
RE: Considering buying (again) - by illinar - 06-01-2022, 09:51 AM