Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Considering buying (again)
Hello. I tried the Obi soft body a year ago, but it didn't quite fit my needs and expectations at the time but I'm seeing some improvements and things I could use now. 

What I want to do is attach multiple obi simulations to characters rigid body based skeleton and to be able to enable and disable them on the fly for optimisation, and to have body parts with different sim resolution. I would make my own skinning and rigging and would read from particle positions to drive the skin bones. The skin should still have morphs. 

Would that be a reasonable approach or would that be possible at all? Is two way coupling between soft body particles and rigidbodies possible? Are there maybe some overheads and performance costs from reading particle positions or sth like that?

What I would actually want is multiple Obi soft bodies attached to the same mesh with different sim resolution and with ability to turn their sim on or off individually. But I don't expect that those features exist.

Also I remember there was no manual control of individualparticle placement. Is that still the case? Or is editing particle transforms via script is possible so that I can implement my own editor?

Could you also please tell me when the sale ends? I'm very tempted to buy the whole set.

Messages In This Thread
Considering buying (again) - by illinar - 30-12-2021, 01:42 AM
RE: Considering buying (again) - by josemendez - 30-12-2021, 01:10 PM
RE: Considering buying (again) - by illinar - 02-01-2022, 09:34 AM
RE: Considering buying (again) - by illinar - 30-12-2021, 08:42 PM
RE: Considering buying (again) - by josemendez - 02-01-2022, 02:41 PM
RE: Considering buying (again) - by illinar - 06-01-2022, 09:51 AM