Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attaching SoftBody/Solver to moving Rigidbody
(16-11-2021, 09:00 AM)vincurekf Wrote: I have BurstCollisionWorld in the scene (created automatically), Obi Solver attached to the vehicle, and inside the vehicle hierarchy I have Obi Softbody attached to the front bumper.
I have generated the blueprint, it has good connections. Everything should be OK, but when I hit play, collisions don't work.
Please see my setup in attached screenshots.

Looks like there's very few vertices in your softbody and they're very spaced apart. Obi will generate one particle per vertex, but in your case this covers less than 10% of the bumper's surface. Unless you hit a particle exactly head-on (very unlikely) no collisions will take place. You should have more vertices in there, and ensure particles cover most of the surface.

Other possible reasons are:
- Collision constraits globally disabled in the solver (under the "Constraints" foldout)
- Improper setup of collisions filters (see collisions).

Remember that Obi is a particle-based engine. Only particles generate collisions. Imho, using a particle engine for car damage is not a good choice. Most car damage/destruction engines are strut based (BeamNG) or tetrahedron based, with mesh-based collision detection.

(16-11-2021, 09:00 AM)vincurekf Wrote: The barrels scene is working for me (although at 10fps).
Should be more like 200-300 fps. I see you're using Burst as your backend, make sure the jobs debugger and all other performance hogs are disabled: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...kends.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attaching SoftBody/Solver to moving Rigidbody - by josemendez - 16-11-2021, 09:58 AM