Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animate physics Lags my other animations
(23-10-2021, 10:20 PM)jeremy2132 Wrote: After lowering the poly count, changing render mode, and disabling certain constraints I was able to get the frame rate up to 200 and the ms to be around 5. My only question is that for some reason burst doesn't seem to be better or worse than oni when I switch between them? Even after I disable safety checks, Job debugger and leak detection they are basically the same. Am i doing something wrong with burst or does burst make a larger difference with mobile than pc?

Both Oni and Burst use the same underlying principles, but they implement them differently: both make use of multithreading and vectorization, but Oni implements it natively (C/C++) and Burst uses Unity's Job system and Burst compiler.

In desktop platforms, they run pretty much equally fast. Burst does have a slight edge in our tests, so still you should prefer it. However on mobile platforms Burst is clearly faster. In addition to that, Burst supports a wider variety of platforms. That's why using Burst is recommended.

From the manual:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...kends.html

Quote:Like Oni, Burst is fully CPU-based, and makes heavy use of multithreading and SIMD (thanks to the job system and Burst, respectively). Performance on most platforms -specially mobile devices- is slightly better when using Burst. For this reason, Burst should be preferred over Oni when possible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Animate physics Lags my other animations - by josemendez - 25-10-2021, 07:58 AM