Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Visual problem when length is changed
Hi,

I have a tug-of-war like scenario where player need to pull the rope that will pull the block.
This scenario implemented by using 2 ropes: player-rope & block-rope, and managing the length of each rope when pulling/pushing.
The problem happens when player goes backward - expected behavior is block's rope should look longer and loose like the image.

But what happens is block's rope looks stiff & not loose enough, even though by number the length is correct (gif image below)

Any suggestions how I get the expected behavior?

Also, you may notice the rope's size seems flattened when the player goes backward.
What is causing this?
(23-01-2022, 05:52 AM)jaysama Wrote: Hi,

I have a tug-of-war like scenario where player need to pull the rope that will pull the block.
This scenario implemented by using 2 ropes: player-rope & block-rope, and managing the length of each rope when pulling/pushing.
The problem happens when player goes backward - expected behavior is block's rope should look longer and loose like the image.

But what happens is block's rope looks stiff & not loose enough, even though by number the length is correct (gif image below)

Any suggestions how I get the expected behavior?

Also, you may notice the rope's size seems flattened when the player goes backward.
What is causing this?

Hi,

What's the max compression setting in your rope's distance constraints? This value determines how much can the rope compress, if you have any non-zero value the rope will not elongate when increasing its length and will compress instead.

Also, if you're using a cursor to change rope length make sure it's not copying an attached particle (source mu should not be at the ends of the rope). This will cause any extra particles added when increasing the rope's length to become attached just like the original one, preventing the rope from extending.

kind regards,
Hi Jose, rope's distance constraint max compression setting is 0
and you are correct, the main problem is because cursor use attached particle as a source. After changing cursor's source it worked as intended.
Much thanks!