Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Collision Problem
So the rope is rotating counter-clockwise, the colored blocks determine your score(isTrigger = on). the problem is when the rope is on the yellow block and the player jump, it always detects the green one. I think it's because of the speculative contact. I also tried putting collider on the Center of the rope and use the native collider, still doesn't work. Do you have any suggestion to do it? I'm also thinking to just check the distance of the center of the rope to the player if it's possible.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(26-09-2020, 02:44 AM)joshuajames1 Wrote: So the rope is rotating counter-clockwise, the colored blocks determine your score(isTrigger = on). the problem is when the rope is on the yellow block and the player jump, it always detects the green one. I think it's because of the speculative contact.

Not sure I understand the problem, the way you intend scoring to work, or what the game is about, sorry Triste. If you're worried speculative contacts are the issue, you can filter out speculative contacts by checking contact distance: if it's zero or negative, it is an actual contact. This is done in the manual examples, using a small positive threshold to determine if a contact is speculative or not.