Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Downgrade to 5.1 and Rope Particle attachment not work
Exclamación 
Hello, I have working on a project where a rope attached to 2 different dynamic object. I build project at 5.5 but due to ios problems i downgrade it to 5.1 . Now Exacly same code ı used to attach object sometimes works sometimes not. Any help? 

private IEnumerator startingRope()
    {
        rope.GetComponent<MeshRenderer>().enabled = true;

blueprint = ScriptableObject.CreateInstance<ObiRopeBlueprint>();
        blueprint.resolution = 0.5f;
        blueprint.path.Clear();
        blueprint.path.AddControlPoint(currentBasePoint.transform.position, -Vector3.one, Vector3.one, Vector3.one, 2f, 0.1f, 1, 1, Color.red, "start");
        blueprint.path.AddControlPoint(topPoint.transform.position, -Vector3.one, Vector3.one, Vector3.one, 2f, 0.1f, 1, 1, Color.white, "end");
      // blueprint.path.FlushEvents();

yield return blueprint.Generate();

rope.ropeBlueprint = blueprint;
        ObiParticleAttachment[] attacher;
        attacher = rope.GetComponents<ObiParticleAttachment>();
        attacher[0].target = currentBasePoint.gameObject.transform;
        attacher[0].particleGroup = blueprint.groups[0];
        attacher[1].target = topPoint.gameObject.transform;
        attacher[1].particleGroup = blueprint.groups[1];

}

rope sometimes fall to ground sometimes only start work sometimes both work. Couldnt solve the problem here. Unity 2019.3.7f1

My objects have collider and obi collider

falls toward void

(18-09-2020, 05:36 PM)okculo Wrote: Hello, I have working on a project where a rope attached to 2 different dynamic object. I build project at 5.5 but due to ios problems i downgrade it to 5.1 . Now Exacly same code ı used to attach object sometimes works sometimes not. Any help? 

private IEnumerator startingRope()
    {
        rope.GetComponent<MeshRenderer>().enabled = true;

blueprint = ScriptableObject.CreateInstance<ObiRopeBlueprint>();
        blueprint.resolution = 0.5f;
        blueprint.path.Clear();
        blueprint.path.AddControlPoint(currentBasePoint.transform.position, -Vector3.one, Vector3.one, Vector3.one, 2f, 0.1f, 1, 1, Color.red, "start");
        blueprint.path.AddControlPoint(topPoint.transform.position, -Vector3.one, Vector3.one, Vector3.one, 2f, 0.1f, 1, 1, Color.white, "end");
      // blueprint.path.FlushEvents();

yield return blueprint.Generate();

rope.ropeBlueprint = blueprint;
        ObiParticleAttachment[] attacher;
        attacher = rope.GetComponents<ObiParticleAttachment>();
        attacher[0].target = currentBasePoint.gameObject.transform;
        attacher[0].particleGroup = blueprint.groups[0];
        attacher[1].target = topPoint.gameObject.transform;
        attacher[1].particleGroup = blueprint.groups[1];

}

rope sometimes fall to ground sometimes only start work sometimes both work. Couldnt solve the problem here. Unity 2019.3.7f1

My objects have collider and obi collider

falls toward void

This is a bug in Obi, was fixed in 5.3. What iOS issues were you having witb 5.5? It’s compatible with XCode 11.3.1 (latest version with properly working linker), so 5.5 should compile, link and archive fine.
(18-09-2020, 06:20 PM)josemendez Wrote: This is a bug in Obi, was fixed in 5.3. What iOS issues were you having witb 5.5? It’s compatible with XCode 11.3.1 (latest version with properly working linker), so 5.5 should compile, link and archive fine.

Hello i have deleted 5.1 and imported 5.6 but i have following errors.

Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/DataStructures/NativeList/ObiNativeList.cs(249,63): error CS0103: The name ‘UnsafeUtilityEx’ does not exist in the current context

(21-09-2020, 09:20 AM)okculo Wrote: Hello i have deleted 5.1 and imported 5.6 but i have following errors.

Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/DataStructures/NativeList/ObiNativeList.cs(249,63): error CS0103: The name ‘UnsafeUtilityEx’ does not exist in the current context

You need to install the Collections package. Optionally, the Burst, Jobs and Mathematics packages if you wish to use Burst for simulation. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...kends.html
(21-09-2020, 09:31 AM)josemendez Wrote: You need to install the Collections package. Optionally, the Burst, Jobs and Mathematics packages if you wish to use Burst for simulation. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...kends.html
Now i added collections package and i get this error. Enanbled full stack traces but still getting this.

(21-09-2020, 10:34 AM)okculo Wrote: Now i added collections package and i get this error. Enanbled full stack traces but still getting this.

Hi,

I'm unable to reproduce this. What does your scene contain? also, what backend are you using? (Oni or Burst)?
(21-09-2020, 10:38 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

I'm unable to reproduce this. What does your scene contain? also, what backend are you using? (Oni or Burst)?
i use Brust
(21-09-2020, 10:46 AM)okculo Wrote: i use Brust

Does this happen when switching to Oni?

Also, what scene is this happening in? One of the included sample scenes or your own?
(21-09-2020, 10:51 AM)josemendez Wrote: Does this happen when switching to Oni?

Also, what scene is this happening in? One of the included sample scenes or your own?
 i upgrade my obirope to 5.6. it solved everything so far. Thank you for replies.