Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can i simulate a Rubber band?
Triste 
I tried a lot of parameters ,but still can not simulate rubber band? Is there anyone know how to do that ?
(13-11-2017, 09:45 AM)johnnychang Wrote: I tried a lot of parameters ,but still can not simulate rubber band? Is there anyone know how to do that ?

Hi,

Crank up the amount of distance constraint iterations, then reduce the stiffness in the distance constraint's component. 

Simulating rubber bands is actually extremely easy, the hard thing to do is the opposite: rigid materials.

cheers!
(13-11-2017, 10:44 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Crank up the amount of distance constraint iterations, then reduce the stiffness in the distance constraint's component. 

Simulating rubber bands is actually extremely easy, the hard thing to do is the opposite: rigid materials.

cheers!

Hi,When I stretch the rope longer,then the rope mesh do not stretch,you can see the picture in the below.
(13-11-2017, 10:44 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

cheers!

And there has a problem,in the component ObiPinConstraints when i click Add Pin Constraint there is no response. Huh
(14-11-2017, 09:17 AM)johnnychang Wrote: And there has a problem,in the component ObiPinConstraints when i click Add Pin Constraint there is no response. Huh

Hi johnny!

You need to select which particle(s) you need to add the pin constraint to (use the particle editor). Then, click Add Pin Constraint. Take a look at the docs:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...aints.html
(14-11-2017, 04:32 AM)johnnychang Wrote: Hi,When I stretch the rope longer,then the rope mesh do not stretch,you can see the picture in the below.

That particular rope is set up to not be stretchy at all. The length of it is controller by the ObiRopeCursor component, you can only change its lenght by using the keyboard controls. Pulling from it won't change its length.
(14-11-2017, 09:17 AM)johnnychang Wrote: And there has a problem,in the component ObiPinConstraints when i click Add Pin Constraint there is no response. Huh

Thank you so much,I solve this problem with your advice,And I have a new problem,I want to accomplish a effect which is when i pulled the rope,the rope will be stretch.you can see the picture below.  Sonrojado
(15-11-2017, 04:05 AM)johnnychang Wrote: Thank you so much,I solve this problem with your advice,And I have a new problem,I want to accomplish a effect which is when i pulled the rope,the rope will be stretch.you can see the picture below.  Sonrojado

Hi,

Just pin both ends of the rope (or better yet, fix them if you do not need two-way interaction with rigidbodies) and separate the ends at runtime by moving the objects it is attached to.

For more details on what the difference between pins/fixed particles/handles is, see: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ments.html