Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is ObiRopeCursor handling input?
Pregunta 
I'm using the new input system in Unity, which means I tend to discover random places where asset store packages try to use the old Input.GetKey API, because it now throws exceptions.

One place that I was surprised to find Input code in was the ObiRopeCursor - it's not placed in a Samples directory, so it looks like a reusable class, but it specifically listens for the Q and E keys to control its length. Is this a mistake, or intended?

Thanks.
(22-05-2020, 10:59 AM)the80srobot Wrote: I'm using the new input system in Unity, which means I tend to discover random places where asset store packages try to use the old Input.GetKey API, because it now throws exceptions.

One place that I was surprised to find Input code in was the ObiRopeCursor - it's not placed in a Samples directory, so it looks like a reusable class, but it specifically listens for the Q and E keys to control its length. Is this a mistake, or intended?

Thanks.

Ooops! that's a mistake. The entire Update method of the cursor should not be there. It's safe to remove it.

Thanks for spotting and reporting this!