Obi Official Forum
Help Obi Cloth Renderer Layer - Printable Version

+- Obi Official Forum (https://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Obi Users Category (https://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Obi Cloth (https://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Help Obi Cloth Renderer Layer (/thread-4366.html)

Obi Cloth Renderer Layer - vrtraining - 16-09-2024

I want to render some specific lighting on cloth through rendering culling mask. I have created a separate special layer for my Obi Cloth and assigned it that special layer. Now my light is only rendering on that specific special layer. It works well in editor because I have assigned that layer to the Obi Cloth which also has Mesh Renderer and Obi Cloth Renderer. But when I enter play mode and Obi Cloth is simulated and its rendered using Obi Cloth Renderer it doesn't work, upon some investigation I came to know that it is only considering that cloth in default layer.

How I can change the layer of Obi Cloth Renderer from default to some other layer?

RE: Obi Cloth Renderer Layer - josemendez - 16-09-2024

(16-09-2024, 06:58 PM)vrtraining Wrote: I want to render some specific lighting on cloth through rendering culling mask. I have created a separate special layer for my Obi Cloth and assigned it that special layer. Now my light is only rendering on that specific special layer. It works well in editor because I have assigned that layer to the Obi Cloth which also has Mesh Renderer and Obi Cloth Renderer. But when I enter play mode and Obi Cloth is simulated and its rendered using Obi Cloth Renderer it doesn't work, upon some investigation I came to know that it is only considering that cloth in default layer.

How I can change the layer of Obi Cloth Renderer from default to some other layer?

Hi,

Support for render layers was added in 7.0.1, if you’re using it it should just work. Let me know if you’re on 7.0.1 but have trouble with this.

Kind regards,

RE: Obi Cloth Renderer Layer - vrtraining - 18-09-2024

(16-09-2024, 08:14 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Support for render layers was added in 7.0.1, if you’re using it it should just work. Let me know if you’re on 7.0.1 but have trouble with this.

Kind regards,

I'm not using the render layers, I'm using the simple default layers which are used for multiple purposes like camera culling, physics etc. And inside inspector when its mesh renderer it works well but during runtime when its using cloth renderer is uses default camera culling layer not the one selected by game object in inspector. I'm using 7.0.1

RE: Obi Cloth Renderer Layer - vrtraining - 18-09-2024

Is it possible to change the layer of source mesh of Obi Cloth Renderer from Default to something else? via code if not possible directly through inspector. Like in image below the layer is only applied to mesh renderer which works in editor, but when cloth is simulated using Obi Cloth Renderer then its switched to Default layer.

[Image: layers.png]

RE: Obi Cloth Renderer Layer - josemendez - 18-09-2024

Hi!

(Yesterday, 04:24 AM)vrtraining Wrote: I'm not using the render layers, I'm using the simple default layers which are used for multiple purposes like camera culling, physics etc.

Sorry, since you specified you were using them for lighting ("render some specific lighting on cloth") I assumed you were talking about render/light layers, not object layers.

Object layer support has been added in 7.0.2, which is not yet public. Let me know an email address to send it to (you can PM the address to me if you don't want it to appear publicly in the forum, or email it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com)

kind regards,