Obi Official Forum
Obi 7 has been released - Printable Version

+- Obi Official Forum (https://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Obi Developers (https://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Obi 7 has been released (/thread-4306.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Obi 7 has been released - josemendez - 29-07-2024

Hi!

Obi 7 has been released and it is now available on the Asset Store. It's been several years of continuous research and development, plus 1 and 1/2 years in beta. My hope is that it will prove useful to you in some way and you will enjoy using it.

This is a free update. Pricing for new users is also the same as previous versions.

If you're already using Obi 6.X in an existing project, keep in mind that Obi 7.X is a major step up and many things have changed from 6.X. If you plan on upgrading your project you should make a backup of it and set some time aside for upgrading it. There's an upgrade guide available. If you need any help at all while upgrading let me know trough the usual contact channels (support email or these forums) and I'll do my best to guide and support you trough the process.

The manual has been updated to 7.0. We're still in the process of updating the API docs, but they should be up in a couple days. Sonrojado New video tutorials are also coming.

As always: let me know if you need any help, have any questions or feedback, or of course if you think you've found a bug.

Kind regards,

RE: Obi 7 has been released - Thibault_EODE - 29-07-2024

Hi, good job for the release !

But I think there is a problem with `ObiNativeMatrix4x4List`, it is missed for me.

RE: Obi 7 has been released - josemendez - 29-07-2024

(29-07-2024, 12:13 PM)Thibault_EODE Wrote: Hi, good job for the release !

But I think there is a problem with `ObiNativeMatrix4x4List`, it is missed for me.

Hi,

ObiNativeMatrix4x4List is included in all Obi assets, checked by downloading them from the store one by one. It's in /Obi/Scripts/Common/DataStructures/NativeList/ObiNativeMatrix4x4List.cs

Make sure you don't install over an existing Obi installation, as explained in the upgrade guide! let me know if this is still a problem after performing a clean install.

kind regards,

(29-07-2024, 12:16 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

ObiNativeMatrix4x4List is included in all Obi assets, checked by downloading them from the store one by one. It's in /Obi/Scripts/Common/DataStructures/NativeList/ObiNativeMatrix4x4List.cs

Make sure you don't install over an existing Obi installation, as explained in the upgrade guide! let me know if this is still a problem after performing a clean install.

kind regards,

I tried to install only this file and I got this log
Code:
The .meta file Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/DataStructures/NativeList/ObiNativeMatrix4x4List.cs.meta does not have a valid GUID and its corresponding Asset file will be ignored. If this file is not malformed, please add a GUID, or delete the .meta file and it will be recreated correctly

(29-07-2024, 12:45 PM)Thibault_EODE Wrote: I tried to install only this file

What do you mean by "only this file"?  Huh goes without saying that you can't cherry pick specific files and install them on top of older versions if that's what you're doing.

(29-07-2024, 12:45 PM)Thibault_EODE Wrote:
Code:
The .meta file Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/DataStructures/NativeList/ObiNativeMatrix4x4List.cs.meta does not have a valid GUID and its corresponding Asset file will be ignored. If this file is not malformed, please add a GUID, or delete the .meta file and it will be recreated correctly

Meta files are used by Unity to track relationships between files, among other things. Each file is given a unique identifier (GUID). This means you have a .meta file for an older version of this file that hasn't been removed (see: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/AssetMetadata.html). Again, make sure you delete older Obi versions before installing Obi 7.

Also worth noting that dealing with project files outside Unity's editor (eg by using Window's file explorer) can and often will cause problems with .meta files as the information about the file stored in the .meta and the actual file become out of sync. If you delete, remove, rename or move files in a project make sure to do so using Unity instead of an external file explorer.

let me know how it goes,

kind regards

(29-07-2024, 12:49 PM)josemendez Wrote: What do you mean by "only this file"?  Huh goes without saying that you can't cherry pick specific files and install them on top of older versions if that's what you're doing.

Meta files are used by Unity to track relationships between files, among other things. Each file is given a unique identifier (GUID). This means you have a .meta file for an older version of this file that hasn't been removed (see: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/AssetMetadata.html). Again, make sure you delete older Obi versions before installing Obi 7.

Also worth noting that dealing with project files outside Unity's editor (eg by using Window's file explorer) can and often will cause problems with .meta files as the information about the file stored in the .meta and the actual file become out of sync. If you delete, remove, rename or move files in a project make sure to do so using Unity instead of an external file explorer.

let me know how it goes,

kind regards

"Only this file" -> pick only this file just to see if it is imported.

I have tested with a new project and I have the same problem
There is a warning before the import error
Code:
The GUID inside 'Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/DataStructures/NativeList/ObiNativeMatrix4x4List.cs.meta' cannot be extracted by the YAML Parser. Attempting to extract it via string matching instead. Please verify the file does not contain unexpected data.

(29-07-2024, 01:23 PM)Thibault_EODE Wrote: "Only this file" -> pick only this file just to see if it is imported.

Oh ok, re-importing only this file after importing all other files right?

(29-07-2024, 01:23 PM)Thibault_EODE Wrote: I have tested with a new project and I have the same problem
There is a warning before the import error
Code:
The GUID inside 'Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/DataStructures/NativeList/ObiNativeMatrix4x4List.cs.meta' cannot be extracted by the YAML Parser. Attempting to extract it via string matching instead. Please verify the file does not contain unexpected data.

I'm unable to reproduce this, tested with Unity 2021.3.4f1, 2022.3.33f1 and 6000.0.12f1.
Which specific Obi asset are you trying to install? (rope, cloth, fluid or softbody)?
What Unity version are you using?
Are you installing this via the package manager?

(29-07-2024, 01:23 PM)Thibault_EODE Wrote: If this file is not malformed, please add a GUID, or delete the .meta file and it will be recreated correctly

Have you tried deleting the .meta file (Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/DataStructures/NativeList/ObiNativeMatrix4x4List.cs.meta) as the error message suggests? This should trigger Unity to re-import the file. If there's indeed any issue with the GUID in the .meta file that should fix the problem.

kind regards

I am on Unity 2023.2.7f1
I try Fluid and Rope (same result)

https://youtu.be/GL-1h2AWk-s

(29-07-2024, 01:45 PM)Thibault_EODE Wrote: I am on Unity 2023.2.7f1
I try Fluid and Rope (same result)

https://youtu.be/GL-1h2AWk-s

This is really strange. Seems like a specific .meta file is being corrupted after downloading it somehow.

Could you try simply deleting the .meta file (Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/DataStructures/NativeList/ObiNativeMatrix4x4List.cs.meta) as the error message suggests, so that Unity recreates it anew? That should work.

kind regards,

(29-07-2024, 01:52 PM)josemendez Wrote: This is really strange. Seems like a specific .meta file is being corrupted after downloading it somehow.

Could you try simply deleting the .meta file (Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/DataStructures/NativeList/ObiNativeMatrix4x4List.cs.meta) as the error message suggests, so that Unity recreates it anew? That should work.

kind regards,

Ok, the file dont appear in Unity but exists in the directory.
It works after removing the .meta

The content of the original meta file seems corrupt by a git merge ?
Code:
fileFormatVersion: 2

<<<<<<< HEAD